Upon signing up to a personalised nutrition programme, you will receive the following documents which must be completed, signed and returned to commence your programme:
- Terms of Engagement Form
- GDPR Data Consent Form
- Client Intake Form & Health Profile Questionnaire
- 5-Day Food Diary
The content of the www.lauralamnutrition.com website is intended for general use and is not designed to diagnose or treat or replace medical advice. Individuals should not cease conventional treatment or discontinue or alter the dosage of any medication without consulting their doctor.
Clients of nutrition practitioners should also consult an appropriate medical professional if they have a medical condition and/or undiagnosed symptoms.
These terms and conditions apply to your use of the websites owned by Laura Lam Nutrition Ltd.
The Nutritional Therapy Descriptor
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care.
Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Here at Laura Lam Nutrition, we consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. At Laura Lam Nutrition, we will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
Laura Lam Nutrition Ltd requests that the Client notes the following:
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme.
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions.
- Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or services.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
The Client understands and agrees to the following:
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- I give permission for Laura Lam Nutrition to contact my GP regarding any agreed aspects of my case.
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by Laura Lam Nutrition. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
- It is important that I tell my Nutritional Therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements, I am taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time, period, I should contact my nutritional therapist promptly for clarification.
- I understand that the advice is personal to me and may not be appropriate for others.
- I must contact my Nutritional Therapist should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both me and my Nutritional Therapist.
- Rescheduling of appointments will be free of charge up until 24 hours before the scheduled date and time. Any appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment will be deducted from the programme and considered as attended.
- The forms provided by Laura Lam Nutrition upon booking must be completed and submitted at least 36 hours prior to the initial appointment otherwise Laura Lam Nutrition reserves the right to reschedule the appointment.
- Appointments will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
- The results of laboratory tests ordered by Laura Lam Nutrition will only be discussed during a consultation and will be made available on the day of the consultation.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Laura Lam Nutrition, the copyright, intellectual property, and all other rights relating to any documentation, whether electronic or hard copy, provided by or on behalf of Laura Lam Nutrition, will remain the property of Laura Lam Nutrition.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.